Starting with Market Profile and New here | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Starting with Market Profile and New here

West Branch, Mi, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: TradePro/TransAct
Favorite Futures: NQ, CL

CenFlo View Post
I took the last live "Legacy" course that he offered earlier this year and I'm glad I took it. I came away with much more knowledge and having Jim basically call the market live (and his evening / morning reports) were a great training tool.

I took a MP chartbook that I was given and modified it to be as close to Windotrader that I could. It's not exact, but it's close enough and give me all of the info I need.

I've since updated it to show the contract volume within the histograms that are to the right of the TOP counts:

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Note that the /ES contract shown above is /ESH16 and NOT the current /ESH17 contract that's trading currently.

@CenFlo
Thanks for getting back with me, I really appreciate it. As I said, I'm new with MP and I primarily trade NQ. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, if it's ok...

1) Do you use start time at 00:00 EST on your MP & VP charts?

2) I have read a few places, that some traders only focus on yesterdays profiles. Do you put emphasis on yesterday or the current day?

3) Is there any way that you could share your chartbook with me? Also, what does TR: 1s mean on your charts?

Thanks,
Rockford