Starting with Market Profile and New here | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Starting with Market Profile and New here

Tampa FL

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts/TOS
Broker/Data: Future Path/TDA/S5
Favorite Futures: Futures/Cryptos

Rockford View Post
@CenFlo When you say you've taken Dalton's Legacy course, are you referring to his "Trading Like You've Never Heard Before"?

Also, I wanted to ask you, are you using the default settings with Sierra Chart's Market Profile? If not, can I ask what customizing you've done?

Thanks,
Rockford

I took the last live "Legacy" course that he offered earlier this year and I'm glad I took it. I came away with much more knowledge and having Jim basically call the market live (and his evening / morning reports) were a great training tool.

I took a MP chartbook that I was given and modified it to be as close to Windotrader that I could. It's not exact, but it's close enough and give me all of the info I need.

I've since updated it to show the contract volume within the histograms that are to the right of the TPO counts:

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Note that the /ES contract shown above is /ESH16 and NOT the current /ESH17 contract that's trading currently.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky

Last edited by CenFlo; December 12th, 2016 at 08:24 PM.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to CenFlo for this post: