Starting with Market Profile and New here | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Starting with Market Profile and New here

West Branch, Mi, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: TradePro/TransAct
Favorite Futures: NQ, CL

CenFlo View Post
I went through the Dalton legacy course earlier this year and it has helped me tremendously in my trading, it's a shame that it was his legacy course and Mr. Dalton has retired.

It really gives you a feel for what's happening underneath the markets and why they tend to move and/or reverse at certain points. It does take a while to learn to understand and read it, but once you have the basics of it down it's relatively easy to understand.

I initially subscribed to the Windotrader software while taking the Dalton course, but moved on to Sierra Charts as it has all of the Market Profile functions (and much, much more) and costs much less per month than Windotrader.

Here's a screen shot of my MP screen on Sierra Charts:

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Another great resource on a daily basis is Peter's premarket daily Market Profile post and commentary:

Peter's Premarket Perspective | Shadow Traders

Futurestrader71 also does a morning run down at 9 AM, EST and I watch it daily as well. He uses Mp and VP in his analysis.

https://stage5trading.com/traderbite/

Hi CenFlo,

I've been trading for awhile but I'm new with Market Profile and Volume Profile. I'm not sure what would be better, MP or VP. I also use Sierra Chart. Can you give me your opinion about the two?