Trend following futures with 10k? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trend following futures with 10k?

NY, NY

grausch View Post
You're welcome. Not sure if you wish to trade a trend-following methodology as the OP.

If you want to trade a trend-following methodology with futures and a small account, I would avoid forex and the index futures. Commodities that can do big runs are what you need. Look at what silver did a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately identifying the big movers in advance is not that easy. One way could be to look for commodities that have been going sideways for a long time, have had very little volume for a long time, suddenly sees a volume spike and then starts moving up. Catch one of those in a multi-week / month trend and you will sit with a decent winner if you manage to exit at the right time.

I agree for the OP. I just had a look at MNF - Micro Nifty and it is just astonishingly thin. I am profitable on ES/CL however I do like the idea of trading corn and such as I believe there is some forecasting skill in this. CL is just news and noise however thick enough to scalp. I did well on copper recently.

I am going to look at commodities more seriously now thank you Grausch!