Quantsports, Ninjatrader and Betfair | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Quantsports, Ninjatrader and Betfair

United Kingdom

Fat Tails View Post
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I am not into horse fetishes.

I just felt a bit unsure, whether conventional trading tools can be applied to horses. Saw the Gom Volume Ladder on the QuantSports video and was wondering, what the horse does with the ladder. The relative strength index, spikes, troughs, head and shoulders, everything gets a new meaning. And you definitely should not bet on any moving average.

But then I must acknowledge that the Heikin Ashi chart already looks like a horse mane, racing over Welles Wilder's parabolic SAR. Very British, indeed.

I think you might have slightly misunderstood, but that's entirely understandable for someone unfamiliar with the betting exchanges. Pre-event sports trading does not require knowledge of the actual event, just the price. A lot like in some forms of futures trading; trading is entirely market profile based.

Fundamental analysis is used by the traditional bettor who does not seek to trade the hypothetical probability of an outcome happening.

Last edited by QuantSports; September 12th, 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: lies, damn lies and statistics
The following user says Thank You to QuantSports for this post: