losing extended screen after window 10 update. | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

losing extended screen after window 10 update.

Saskatchewan

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker/Data: TST / Rithmic
Favorite Futures: CL

I run into this problem as well quite often, mine is after my pc goes to sleep and i wake it up one out of the three monitors wont turn back on and is always the monitor that is plugged in the bottom video card.
I run a custom pc with windows 8 (dont trust 10 yet)
2 nvida 560's with a SLI bridge
A ASUS motherboard SLI compatible and intel I5
120gb SDD and a 1tb HD

From what i understand the video card is working but wont wake up, at 1st i thought it was a cord or card but ruled that out
and the only way i can seem to fix the issue is by shutting down removing all power to the unit/cards and remove the sli bridge wait awhile plug everything back in and cross my fingers cause sometimes that doesn't work every time.
Also sometimes if it happens and i have a windows or nvida update, it will 95% of the time wake my card back up after the restart.
Also when this happens and the card doesn't wake up i go into nvida gforce options and configure sli option is not there and doesn't come back untill that card wakes up.
No real answers for you but maybe some helpful tips, don't let ur pc go to sleep lol

Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote