Do you synchronize your PC time exactly with CME? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Do you synchronize your PC time exactly with CME?

Elite_Member
Wiltshire, United Kingdom

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Jigsaw daytradr
Favorite Futures: US Equity Index Futures

rleplae View Post
Maybe i missed something...

But, have you experienced a failure ? or an edge ? being milliseconds alignee with an atomic clock ?

I found that I was sometimes getting lagging data during high volume news events so I now run a time and sales for the principal market I am interested in next to a synchronised computer clock so I can easily see the time and whether there is any lag. The Windows clock didn't seem to sync very often and for me lost a lot of time quite quickly so instead of having to go in to the computer time control panel every few days and manually press the 'sync now' button it is more convenient to have it frequently sync automatically. The Meinberg software time syncs every ten seconds which is more accuracy than I need, but it is free and easy to install and does the job for me.
ps Free Alarm Clock for Windows is a computer clock I can recommend as You can also set your own audible alerts or visual popups and save different setups, eg; I have/have had alerts for: the open, important news in ten minutes, one minute before a new half hour Market Profile bar etc.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote