The sharing/not sharing dilemma | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

The sharing/not sharing dilemma

Florida

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Favorite Futures: ES, CL

xplorer View Post
What do you think about what John Grady says, i.e. that by sharing your edge/methodology the chances of your own trade being successful increases because more people try to push the market your way?

I think John Grady isn't 'sharing' his method for free, I think he is selling his method to paying students. In terms of the markets Mr Grady is teaching his students to trade in, the huge liquidity of those markets would negate the effect of a handful of retail traders acting on some special order flow signal. But in theory, if one were to have the ability to push 1000's of contracts per minute into the order flow it could have that temporary effect, in a hypothetical sense. By no means do I believe Mr. Grady has that capacity in the real world.

I think Mr. Grady's statement is directed at answering a different underlying question, that being: If your method is so good, why are you 'sharing' it (selling it) to the public ? Why not keep it secret and make $$$$ Millions from the market for yourself ?

Be Patient and Trade Smart
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to trendwaves for this post: