The sharing/not sharing dilemma | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

The sharing/not sharing dilemma

Seattle, WA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker/Data: AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: Indices

I agree that a trader should not follow a vendor. They will never have the level of confidence that a trader who creates their own edge does. I wholeheartedly disagree with Hulk about traders sharing their edge. I have seen a few traders (like LBR in her Trading Habits webinar) who will show you charts, indicators, everything necessary to trade the way they do.

The truth is, for the most part, it doesn't matter. In my opinion, most people who come into trading come from other careers or have some educational knowledge. They could be pilots, doctors, lawyers, college grads, carpenters, whatever. Somehow, when it comes to trading, they forget the hard work it good for them to reach a goal, like the four years to graduate college, the years of med school to become a doctor, the private, instrument and commercial pilot training they had to take. They see the lifestyle as portrayed in the media and look for the easiest (ie laziest) way to achieve the same thing in trading. 90%+ don't really want to put in the work to achieve that goal which is why they look for systems, vendors, etc.

This is why I say, share your edge, it won't matter because most wont put in the work required to make it their own by mastering it and learning enough market knowledge.

Again, all my opinion.

Our life is our own today. Tomorrow you will be dust, a shade, a tale that is told. Live mindful of death, the hour flies.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 7 users say Thank You to stoicbuddha for this post: