What is the best way to compare multiple strategies PnL charts? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

What is the best way to compare multiple strategies PnL charts?

SF (CA/USA)

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT / Proprietary
Broker/Data: IB / may be Kinetic
Favorite Futures: ES, CL, NQ, YM, 6E

Heph333 View Post
I think Sharpe ratio is an excellent method of distilling system performance down to one number, factoring risk ibto the equation. Personally, the next step I would take would be to find a way to identify outliers in each candidate.
I would have a problem with a system that outperforms others, yet has rare outliers of high loss. The averaging effect of any rating method might tend to disguise a few very bad trades.

Thanks a lot Heph333
To remove outliers on each candidates, do you remove the biggest abnormal positive and negative (both) trades even if they seems legitimate (like I understand if they are cause by some input data abnormally) but do you still remove them when everything looks fair?
thanks
w