Importance of Volume | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Importance of Volume

Toronto, Canada

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Favorite Futures: ES

Narcissus View Post
Purple for down bar, Blue for Up bar. (I don't like the Red/Green colours due to their association to profits/losses and the associated emotions).

Grey colour is the border of the bar. If I see predominantly grey colour, I know that the volume in that bar/area is very low. Exception would be a thick doji bar in which case the tick chart will show my big buyers/sellers.

OK, Thanks. In NT, the equivolume bars are always red/green, which could be changed to purple/blue. For your chart, I thought there might be some kind of filter for the grey bars (e.g. if volume is less than xxx paint the bar grey). That's obviously not the case, it's just a matter of how nt displays candle volume bars vs the platform you are using.

The following user says Thank You to WOW CO for this post: