Importance of Volume | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Importance of Volume

London, UK

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Favorite Futures: 6E futures, Cable

mangolassi View Post
Of course, but I specifically am talking about HFT algorithms. The fact that there are thousands of orders being placed and removed before you can even see them due to the inherent speed at which these firms operate at simply makes it unbelievable to me that anyone can claim the DOM gives you an edge anymore as a retail trader operating at a higher timeframe. The actual trades are reflected on the price chart, so I cannot buy the argument that the DOM (which is a collection of orders that may or may not be filled or may not even reflect what is existing at that moment) is giving you something that the price chart is not. In fact, I think the opposite is true.

Works for me, works for some others too, other people prefer something else, as long as it works for you, it's perfectly fine to be honest. The initial questioning was to know whether it was useful to look at volume, and we a look at volume even non directly was my point, as whether there are fake limits or not, the functioning of the market remains unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io mobile app