NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Vendor: www.ninjatrader.com 
Denver, CO

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Favorite Futures: ES

Ash777 View Post
Hi,

I opened an account with Mirus Futures back in 2014 and had it funded and traded a bit as well. During that time NinjaTrader Brokerage acquired Mirus and my Mirus Account then fell under NTB... It so happened my trading plan wasn't up to scratch and I ended up losing half my account balance which is when I decided to withdraw all funds from my account and rethink my strategy...

I am ready to trade again and contacted NTB to verify my account details so that I can proceed to fund my account again. I was told that since my account was not active for over a year I will have to apply for a new account.

I began the account application process via Dorman which is the clearing house I initially used and was told I needed to to supply certain docs which included proof of address and a government issued ID with DOB, Full Name and Expiration Date.

Unfortunately our South African government ID's do not have an expiration date only a date of issue. I was told by the new accounts department the following:

"Thank you for submitting the requested supporting documents for your new account application. The ID you submitted will not be accepted, the ID does not list an expiration date. Regardless of whether the ID issued by your country list an expiration date on the ID. You will have to resubmit another copy of a government issued ID. The ID must list your full name, date of birth and an expiration date.

Please forward the requested item to us as soon as you are able. "

Clearly the response above is ludicrous so I then asked whether my driver's license will be accepted and was told that as long as it meets the requirements (full name, expiration, DoB). I submitted my license but our South African license only shows initial and surname which is now a problem with the new accounts department at NTB...

My passport has expired so that is not valid either. Not sure what steps I am to take if my Government Issued ID does not meet the new accounts prerequisites.

Any help or suggestions? Thank you!

I read your post earlier today and brought this up with our brokerage team. You should have received an email informing you that your account has been approved

The following 3 users say Thank You to NinjaTrader for this post: