How do you guys deal with this?....Intraday trading = gambling | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How do you guys deal with this?....Intraday trading = gambling

London, UK

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Favorite Futures: 6E futures, Cable

It's an educational thing. We are brought up, taught and conditioned to all do the same thing: Study and pass exams where there is a right and wrong answer, find a job, where there are good and bad jobs, do the right or wrong things, cross the street at the green light etc.. I am not getting into a philosophical pointless conversation here pretending there shouldn't be any rules or right or wrong, but simply that we are not taught to deal with uncertainty and we like rules and the right way to operate. Gambling has a lot to do with luck. So that's why it is called gambling, there is no rule, you just need to be lucky. Trading is not about being lucky, but there is an element of risk attached to it.. Just as you could be unlucky and be in a "normal" deemed safe job that doesn't work out. Nothing is risk free. And I would keep in mind the saying "the harder I work the luckier I get" too.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io mobile app