How do you guys deal with this?....Intraday trading = gambling | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How do you guys deal with this?....Intraday trading = gambling

Super Moderator
London UK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker/Data: S5
Favorite Futures: Futures

KatieD View Post
I think you have just described why longer term trades or investing is less considered to be gambling. That sort of market participation is also NOT a zero sum game. Intraday trading IS a zero sum game. That point is the reason day trading is so contraversal. Why do I think I can win against big money and those with possible material advantages?

Hi Katie

I believe intraday trading is less of a gamble than holding positions overnight. This is particularly true in my case where I would not be comfortable sleeping at night knowing I had open positions.

Note this is an assessment of someone that right now is playing with limited capital and less than two years experience in the markets. It may be that my mindset will change with time.

But for now, thinking about a trader who is just starting, my view is that intraday trading yields less risk because of the limited understanding they have of the markets. This is especially true around sensitive times when the market could gap down or up which could see them being on the wrong side fairly easily.

The following 6 users say Thank You to xplorer for this post: