ES intraday volatility recently | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

ES intraday volatility recently

sydney + nsw australia

choke35 View Post
Here we are: Your personal stats exactly that meet the expectation behind the initial answer.
With a twist: It's not simply "being low" - who knows if it can't go lower? It's also tendency /
trend (i.e. positive or negative returns) that counts.
  • OTF traders normally will not trade under such VIX conditions without any important and/or surprising news
    which trigger a revaluation of portfolios.
  • And as you proved for your own strategy, the chances stemming from noise are also substantially reduced -
    surely in their magnitude and often also in their frequency.

So, coming back to your first post: Yes, there were indications. Falling VIX / shrinking ADNs both flashed warnings.

VIX Comment

Since 13th July forward all Vix closes have been 13 or less (rounded to whole numbers) except for 1 day.

With respect to my strategy there is no forward warning for me if I was being impartial. With the benefit of hindsight could I have magically foreseen results would fall off on 8th Aug fwd? For me the answer is NO.

It's like beauty - it is the eyes of the beholder.

Like all these things, any confirmation tool / filter is Catch 22. if one uses say VIX (as an example) I would have missed out on the trades that were part of the 68% breakeven/winrate.

Re: ADN I need to do more stats on.