MTPredictor Software reviews | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

MTPredictor Software reviews

Market Wizard
Calgary, Alberta

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker/Data: Kinetick
Favorite Futures: ES

Griff1 View Post
Hi DrRumpy,

Exactly, I have been around for 29 years in the markets, and I agree, it is so hard trying to sift the useless from the worthwhile as there are so many vendors selling so much nowadays.

It is also very hard because (typically) 95-97% of amateur Traders end up losing anyway. This is not always the result of a bad system, as many amateurs just continue to make so many fundamental mistakes, like over trading, not letting winners run etc etc. The hard fact of Trading life is that it is hard and very few make it.

Personally, I believe that to stand a good chance to have to understand a few basics on the markets, first that markets move in cycles, in other words they go though good/bad or clear/unclear times. This makes trading any type of mechanical system hard (most mechanical systems blow up after a while and are only short lived). This is what Emmett is looking for as this is the only thing that he seems to focus on. But, because this is not what we do at MTPredictor, it will be hard for Emmett to judge us using his limited criteria. We do not believe in mechanical or system trading our setups. Our setups are to be used in conjunction with the end user experience. This is what we teach in our Training (not Trading) Room. I have have been amazed over the years at how different, different users approach and utilize our setups. Everybody is unique and an individual, so it is natural that they will have different Risk tolerance and different aggression and a different (an individual) approach to the markets. Again, that is why trying to attach a track Record to what we do is unrepresentative, because each user will be different anyway.

You are right, money management is not mentioned enough by most vendors, especially when keeping losses under control is so important. This should apply to any system or approach, not just ours. If people can master this, then they stand a chance.

Thanks

Steve Griffiths
MTPredictor Developer

I just had a look over at TS. Ouch. So as a guy sitting on the fence...

I guess Emmett's point when reviewing any trading software is to determine that the average end user can be profitable by using it. If a trader isn't profitable at that said moment in time, could the software be used in a manner that could perhaps turn the fortunes of a struggling trader around, or at the very least stop the bleeding!

Is there enough evidence to suggest that the end user is better or worse off for using the said vendor's software vs. the hundreds of other pieces of trading software available to them.

If there is a discernible edge to using a piece of software, can it be proven? Unfortunately, the only way Emmett can determine that is by requesting evidence that the vendor's software does in fact make a trader profitable or not.

I am not agreeing nor defending Emmett. He can be bloody harsh, but I believe there is some good in what he is trying to do. He seems to have flushed out some of the crooks that is for sure. But, by putting some heat under the more trusted vendors (like yourselves) I believe it can only lead to a better product produced by you guys. I sincerely believe that.

I do not have your software so my comments are strictly related to how I read the TS posts.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote