Hank Camp ProgramTrading.com | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Hank Camp ProgramTrading.com

Elite Member
Reno, Nevada

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: ZN, ZB, FDAX

AlgoWatcher View Post
Very true. This seminar is all about getting Hank's perspective on how the premium can affect the big program trading desks actions. All of the information is available online already and or in your trading software. His take is that you don't know what to do with it and you are basically screwed if you don't let him teach it to you. Hank and his partner Rita are extremely knowledgeable on the inner workings of the market. No one knows if they're actually good traders. As far as I can tell their number one specialty is good old fashioned 'salesmanship'. They are really really good at it. I was definitely convinced that if I wanted to be a professional trader I wouldn't last very long without the information the seminars would provide me. I took the course via webinar which turned out to be a good decision. There is a lot of material to go over so it was nice to spread out at my own desk. I highly recommend doing it that way if you decide to take the plunge.

In the end phantom trader is correct though. You can get all this knowledge from several different sources. And you don't need to pay thousands of dollars. If you've got the extra cash though I say why not do it? You will definitely learn something you didn't know before.

Was wondering if you use the premium/fair value in your trading? I found that it was nice information to know i.e. market mechanics - but did little for my trading simply because the peaks and valleys relative to fair value every day weren't reliable. It functions a little bit like the TICK - when the TICK hits -1000 or +1000 you expect a reaction in the market - well it doesn't always happen and even if it does, it's hard to catch a good trade.

I ran an MA over the $ESINX just to get a general idea of where it was reporting relative to that day's fair value. I didn't come up with anything that seemed consistently useful.

Funds that trade baskets of stocks may find it useful for timing their trades. For the typical day trader, however, I don't see it as being useful.

Page generated 2018-11-12 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix