Can any one recommend a course that teaches you how to read the footprint | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Can any one recommend a course that teaches you how to read the footprint

Market Wizard
Quebec

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader wt Rancho Dinero's profiling tools
Broker/Data: Stage 5 trading/AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM

Forum Reputation: Legendary

dom64 View Post
As discussed, a video with my use of the Footprint : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMrqr7j2hxQ

A bit long but good examples happened as I went along, so I kept recording :-)

Thanks for taking the time to prepare and share your video.

I have a question regarding the DOM...

You said that limit orders in the DOM may be real or fake. It's kind of a game played to trap traders in the wrong direction. How do you differentiate between what's real and what's false? And if you assume this may be a game to trap people would it not be better to avoid looking at it and just consider the footprint as it shows what really took place.

Also, i see you have bookmap, that makes quite a bit of information to look at in terms of numbers. BM shows liquidity in a visual way but you still look at the DOM. Is there a reason you keep both tools? With BM you could get rid of the tape as well as the DOM, no?

The following user says Thank You to trendisyourfriend for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-14 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix