Stage 5-- Free Multicharts | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Stage 5-- Free Multicharts

Los Angeles, CA

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT7, TS, TOS
Favorite Futures: Emini ES NQ CL GC FX

What are the limited data feed capabilities and why was it limited?

Jura View Post
As far as I know, there's only one "Special Edition", and that's distributed by AMP and brokers clearing through AMP. Optimus ( @mattz ) also offers this version.

MultiCharts .NET Special Edition differs from the regular MultiCharts .NET edition with the data feed capabilities: with MultiCharts .NET Special Edition you only have a few data feeds to choose from. Other than that, there are no differences.

Do note however that the "Special Edition" is the .NET version; EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage scripts cannot be coded nor run in it. You'll need to program your indicators and strategies in C# or Visual Basic with MultiCharts .NET Special Edition.

This begs the questions: Why limited? What are the data feeds it has access to? What do these limited data feeds cover? It's hard to believe no one asked before me so I am asking now since someone else has got to want to know. Also if other brokers are marketing a MultiCharts FREE edition what are the differences between them. Please anyone who knows please chime in. In the meantime I guess I will take the initiative and start my inquiry.