Why does forex have a bad rep? | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Why does forex have a bad rep?

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

SMCJB View Post
Unfortunately there's only 8 liquid CME futures, and they are all USD crosses, which is very limiting when compared to FX brokers that offer dozens of different pairs.

Forex has come along way since it was introduced to retail. I remember days of "slow servers", internalization of all orders, and inability to asses risk, even by LPs. But, I think that the latest evolution of FX, and for that matter many of the OTC markets, has been operating as close as possible to an exchange. BATSs recently purchased HotSpot FX, Deutsche Borse acquired 360T and to me it indicates that OTC and exchange traded product could provide a fair dealing ground. You could potentially have a large pool of LPs who practice and enhance the transparency of their FX dealing.

Clearly there are shady operations in FX typically in countries where regulation is "relaxed". However, they are thriving too because their customers are lured with "bonuses", etc. and their account minimum are just plain low.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures and FX

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures and Forex trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.
The following 2 users say Thank You to mattz for this post: