ProfessorAlgo | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

ProfessorAlgo

Market Wizard
Houston, TX

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: XTrader
Broker/Data: Advantage Futures
Favorite Futures: Energy

Forum Reputation: Legendary

I've been using Trading Technologies ADL (which is what they teach you to use) since day 1 and I think it's fantastic. It's very flexible, very easy to use and very easy to learn. As the same time it's a tool that can be used to program some extremely complicated strategies. I would also agree with @MacroNinja's assessment. The course is very TT centric (TT is known as one of the top front ends, but not the cheapest!) and they are teaching you to use ADL and not to trade.

I would add that I looked at Professor Algo's About Us / Our Educators website and was surprised to see Jim Smith is their SVP. I have known Jim personally for about 10 years and will say he is a fantastic trainer with an extensive knowledge of automated trading. I have learnt a lot from Jim over the years. While I don't know Jim Pauley personally I have interacted with him on at least one message board and would say that his posts are always thoughtful, intelligent and helpful.

If your serious about trying out ADL I would recommend you take a look at TTs ADL website and their forums. The ADL forums are not as busy as they were when ADL was first launched but you will find a lot of very interesting and detailed discussions about ADL programming. Finally ADL has one of the best help and training websites I have ever used. The highlight for me is that they have an online video explaining and demonstrating how to use every block available within ADL. Take a look it will help you make a decision.

The following 5 users say Thank You to SMCJB for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-14 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix