Has anyone tried eminiacademy.com? | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone tried eminiacademy.com?

Quebec

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader wt Rancho Dinero's profiling tools
Broker/Data: AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM

Fat Tails View Post
Large Trigger Lines

LineReg(80) and EMA (LinReg(80), 20). EMA is comparable to signalline of MACD.

Small Trigger Lines

LinReg(20) and EMA(LinReg(20), 5).

Bands

With ChannelThis you can put a variety of volatility bands around a variety of moving averages. Standard Bollinger Bands use a simply moving average of the close and the standard deviation as indication for volatility. Standard Keltner Channels use a simple moving average of the typical price and Wilder's average true range as indicator for the volatility.

The version used here is probably a modified Keltner Channel, using an exponential moving average of the typical price with a period of 55 as centerline and then adding volatility bands based on 3*ATR(55).

I have not tested this. I personally use modified and smoothed Keltner Channels with a shorter period.

Fat Tail's definition is perfect.

Let me also add that the settings for the channel are the exact duplicate of what NexGen use as well as the settings for the trigger lines. You may want to modify these settings but using them as defined on a 1210 tick chart for the ES you will get a good framework to read price action. The actual settings with 1210 ticks per bar give almost the same value you would get from Market Profile (30m timeframe) for the Value Area High, Value Area Low and oftentimes the Developping POC will match to the tick. Also, you need to take into consideration that the settings is coherent with the whole framework. When the MACDBBLines hover around the zero line, when price crosses the large trigger lines, when price closes above the MidBand, your directional bias should be fixed. You should know what direction to place your orders. These indicators cooperate and reinforce each other. That's what you get under the actual settings.

You might also use the sling shot indicator as a replacement which is in the same league but i prefer the trigger lines as i am used to them.

SlingShot:
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Last edited by trendisyourfriend; August 14th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to trendisyourfriend for this post: