Help with YTR TVI indicator | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Help with YTR TVI indicator

Vendor: protradered.blogspot.com 
NY + NY/USA

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures- Rithmic
Favorite Futures: CL, 6E

trader59 View Post
THe originator of the TVI was Bill Blau. Blue Wave Trading was the 1st to code it for Ninja Trader Both YTR and BB Brad B. worked with BWT in the past and basically copied the BWT version...

bj

I was a moderator for both YTR and BWT. I was also a beta tester for BWT before the mod gigs, and before Brad worked for him. I helped decide the real effectiveness of the indicators under development by trading my money with them, something neither BWT (still don't think he does) or YTR actually did not do until much later. They paid me a nice sum. Brad from BBtrades was also one of my members before venturing on his own.
To date I have found no edge in using the TVI. It could be just a me thing; I really do not want redundant information on my charts. I have found much more value is the speed of the developing bar and a tool called tape momentum (by Brad) to help with climaxes at high volume, fast bars. I use the TapeMomo for the climax event on the opposite close range bar after a single directional run of say 5 or more bars. All this is much more effective at key s&r zones. Also, my favorite CT scalp is the 3BR explained in another posting in this forum, and this uses the tape momo more directly.

The following 2 users say Thank You to Jaguar52 for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-12 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix