Help with YTR TVI indicator | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Help with YTR TVI indicator

maui

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TWS,TW
Broker/Data: IB.AMP.CQG.DTN
Favorite Futures: Currency, Futures, Options

Cl trading

tradermark2009 View Post
I use the S/R areas for trade entry, but need more work to get in the 1-2 tick range on a signal bar. It all takes time.

My best Cl trading involves S/R, knowing the contracts Market Profile
to catch the larger swings, I use ATR Stop to trigger me in at extreme and to keep me in until it kicks me out.

Scaling in with multiple contracts on the QM may offer you more holding/swinging power.
Depends on what type of trader you are. Quick scalper 5-8 ticks, pivot swinger13-30 or combo:
scalp one and swing one. Dont get to hung up in the moment and the chop, its the break out momentum that kills or thrills on CL.

Know the character of the market you trade...what it is capable of doing and where and when it is likely to do it.
Remember you are trading against sharp and specialized traders, who do nothing but trade CL, one product all the time. And they know it intimately. Let that be your discipline!