Day Trade To Win - Atlas Line - DMCA takedown | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Day Trade To Win - Atlas Line - DMCA takedown

Site Administrator
Manta, Ecuador

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: My own custom solution
Favorite Futures: E-mini ES S&P 500

Day Trade To Win - Atlas Line - DMCA takedown

Hello everyone,

On August 8, 2010, I received a DMCA takedown notice from Day Trade to Win. The notice alleges copyright and trademark infringement on two forum threads on Big Mike Trading. I have attached a copy of the notice.

One thread is a discussion thread where people have shared their experiences, reviews and thoughts regarding the Day Trade to Win Atlas Line indicator/system. The other thread is a discussion thread where a user provided a free alternative to the Atlas Line, which he created on his own from scratch.

When a DMCA takedown notice is submitted it is sent to the hosting company of the website and forces the host to ask the owner/operator of the website to remove the content.

I hired an attorney and discussed with him the legal options. I believe there is no legal basis to John Paul @ Day Trade To Win's argument.

I will be removing the content from the two threads, which will now redirect to this notice, for a period of 14 days. This is a requirement under the DCMA takedown notice and in no way an admission of guilt.

I have two options at this point to further pursue this matter:
  • 1. I could file a DMCA counter-notice, in which I contest that the thread removal was inappropriate. John Paul @ Day Trade To Win would have 14 days to file suit, after which if he does not, the threads would come back on-line. If he does file suit, it is a Federal court matter and I would need to present my case in court, as would he.
  • 2. I could remove the threads, leaving this redirect in place.

At this point I have not made a decision.

I am closing this thread which means you are unable to make replies. This thread is simply to inform you. Please private message me if you wish to communicate regarding this matter.

Mike

Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.

Need help?
1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first.
2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses.
3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make.
4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance.
5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers.
6)
Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.

If you want
to support our community, become an Elite Member.

Attached Thumbnails
Day Trade To Win - Atlas Line - DMCA takedown-day-trade-win-atlas-line-dmca-takedown.pdf  
The following 17 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:

Page generated 2018-07-22 in 0.07 seconds with 12 queries on phoenix