How to read brokers daily statements | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

How to read brokers daily statements

Super Moderator
London UK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker/Data: S5
Favorite Futures: Futures

lasecondababele View Post
My broker is Dorman and I'm unclear on how to interpret the statements.
I have transferred GBP, trade a european index, hence the need to have everything converted into EUR, and of course Dorman will show converted totals in USD.
Here are two clips from the same statement, on the same day
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

My questions are:
What's the difference between the secured amounts and unsecured amounts?
Why is the beginning balance in the top half different fro the beginning balance in the bottom half?
What does margin deficit mean? As in: deficit compared to what figure?

hi

I too am with Dorman, but I do not seem to have 2 beginning balances, just the one.

I think the "secured amount" may have to do with where they keep part of the funds (I may be wrong), but I wouldn't worry about it.

In your screenshot "margin deficit" seems to be the same as "account value at market". Difficult to understand differences with only one screenshot but if it's always the same I would keep tabs on the other two columns.