Think Or Swim (TOS) VS Interactive Brokers (IB) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Think Or Swim (TOS) VS Interactive Brokers (IB)

duluth,mn

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja,thinkorswim
Broker/Data: Amp-Zenfire
Favorite Futures: ES,Options

datahogg View Post
I am presently trading futures calendar spreads such as with CL(Crude) and ZW (Wheat) using the Think or Swim
platform and SeasonAlgo for seasonal charts. The spread charts ( for example [CLJ6-CLH6] ) are reasonably good
using TOS, margins are as you would expect for a futures calendar spread (reduced), but the commissions are bad !!!!! .
Since you pay double commissions with futures calendar spreads, commissions are an important item.
My question is for those who have experience with Interactive Brokers is how does IB compare regarding futures
calendar spreads with reference to execution, margins required, and spread charts? Are spread charts available and
usable using the IB TWS work station. If IB is not a valid choice for futures calendar spreads, is there a better choice.
Thanks in advance. H. Hampton.

Depending how much you trade you can ask tos to match other brokers, ive been with them for about a decade and ever after td aquisition they seem to always try to help

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to timmyb for this post: