Free Trial of STAR-ES Automatic | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Free Trial of STAR-ES Automatic

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

tracer888 View Post
Sure looks to me like it's trying to pick a directional bias from the previous day and just buys/holds all day until profit target is hit, it sure does endure a lot of pressure going against it and looks to close out at the end of day.

Wonder how quick someone could throw together something similar by say.... picking a negative bias if the day before was an up day (ie selling at open), the reverse on a down day.

Wasn't there a battle of the bots strat, somewhere way back, that would always buy on Mondays or something? Assuming that was when traders were all wanting to open positions. (I could be wrong, thought I saw a thread on it)

Have you tried it?

It is funny, the approach you mention is similar to an ES automated strat I've been running live for a few years now - it tries to get the direction right, and then holds until the end of the day if not stopped out.

Thanks for sharing!

If you have any questions please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread

Page generated 2018-08-22 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix