Pattern recognition software | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Pattern recognition software

Trading Apprentice
Vancouver

Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: itrade
Favorite Futures: Stocks

andby View Post
Hi Mike,

I remember you read David's book some time ago - did you actually went through the full material ... and what were your thoughts ...
I think some of his conclusions are just ... so different from anything else ... for example:

>>
I now exercise literary license for literary effect and make the following unfalsifiable forecast: Technical analysis will be marginalized to the extent it does not modernize ... <just like> Astrology which gave birth to the science of Astronomy, now languashes to the periphery while its offspring thrives as the mainstream discipline.
<<

In other words, all this pattern <eye balling> screen chart based techniques so spread everywhere in TA, is just (or will be soon) plain useless ... I'm not entirely sure why you still recommend Sury's patterns you definitely don't believe in them.

Did the fundamentals of technical analysis such as breaking support and resistance always exist or do they exist because of the forces of technical analysis being applied against them?

Last edited by brags; November 30th, 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Page generated 2018-08-19 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix