Trading Newsletters | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Trading Newsletters

Elite Member
Chicago, Illinois

Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: Esignal
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, Crude

You are going to laugh at this, but a friend of mine did a backtest of the following Newsletter:

The Gartman Letter

The author, Dennis Gartman, is an alleged trader...although in 15 years of trading its not known if he ACTUALLY does any trading.
He is also a TV personality.

The backtest was done based on Mr. Gartmans big picture calls...meaning whenever he published a letter or came on TV saying "Its time to go long this market" OR "Its time to short this market"...and the backtest was done on SP500 futures, on Gold, and on Oil.

The results?

HE GOT THE DIRECTION WRONG EACH AND EVERY TIME GOING BACK 6 YEARS.

And not even a "little" wrong...he was wrong for almost 10-20% moves...HUGE moves in futures markets.

You could make a lot of money take the other side of the trade from Mr. Gartman.

I do hope he comes on BMT and addresses this post.

bakeyser View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across some real, actually experienced, profitable newsletter? I have checked so many out online that my head is spinning. I thought that I would throw it out to the rest of you, most of whom are far more experienced traders than myself.
Thanks,
Brett

Around 5% move the market. 10% try to follow the 5%. The rest provide liquidity.

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.08 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix