MSA - Market System Analyzer (www.adaptrade.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

MSA - Market System Analyzer (www.adaptrade.com)

Near the BEuTiFULL Horse Shoe

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: MBTrading Dukascopy ZenFire
Favorite Futures: $EURUSD when it is trending

StopLoss values export to Excel

jdfagan View Post
Thanks for your report on MSA. I also have just started playing with this tool recently. One thing I noticed that MSA can import in is the stop price with regards to your trades (which I usually do have with my NinjaTrader strategies). Unfortunately NT does not output in the Trades tab of a backtest where one's max stop loss they may have had during a trade.

Do you know of any way to potentially get this stop loss information for a trade from Ninja to MSA? I'm guessing we'd have to write some custom stuff in NinjaTrader to output the Trades array to a file and simply add in the extra stop info (if you had one on during a trade).

JD

Can MSA read in a .csv ? Not that I have done it, but I think Steamwriter should be able to export that value from your strategy to a text file, if it is something that you are already generating within a dataseries or plot ?? Just a hunch ..

TJ

The following user says Thank You to Trader.Jon for this post: