Efficient currency exchange and overseas transfer | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Efficient currency exchange and overseas transfer

Administrator: Retired Backtester
 Vendor: speedytradingservers.com 
Rennes France

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: IB/Kinetick
Favorite Futures: Futures

I think the good option would be to:
- have a bank account in USD "somewhere", your UK bank should be able to open it
- transfer USD from the broker to this USD account
- send USD to a Forex broker
- convert your USD to GBP in the Forex account
- send GBP to your UK account

It's not a very "light" method, and you'll have to find out the costs, if there are costs, for each transfer. And also check the cost of managing a USD bank account in UK (in my case, a French bank, it is was $39/month...).

Jking556 View Post
Hi zug7

Thanks for posting.

Yes I've heard of transfer wise. The problem isn't transferring the money into my broker in the US. I can do that easily and cheaply with moneycorp.

The problem is withdrawing usd from my us broker back to the uk (to an account that HAS to be under my name) and from there I can then use currency brokers such as money Corp for the better exchange rate.

Of course there is always the option of using AMP to convert the currency but there only going to give you the poor rates that banks offer.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)

Page generated 2018-08-19 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix