I am being charged $15 fee from the CME every month? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

I am being charged $15 fee from the CME every month?

Auckland, New Zealand

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: Whatever moves in my timezone

mattz View Post
ToS have very high commissions that would cover most $15 a month charges (according to some guys we switched from there). All brokers get charged the $15 for all CME products, and they are charges that come from the exchanges directly. You can lower your fees if you reduce quotes and charts only to the products you trade (eliminate CBOT, for example if you do not trade Bonds, or reduce NYMEX if you do not trade CL), etc.

Next year the CME will charge $30 for quotes for all 4 exchanges as far as I know.

Thanks,
Matt
Optimus Futures

There is a risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

@mattz

This is not helped by most brokers only bothering to offer the $5/$15 CME fee option, even though CME have a pricing option for top of book only at $1/$3.

I only use top of book, and even though it is small $, I detest paying more money to CME (a big greedy corporate) than I have to simply because my broker (AMP) has not got round to implementing the top of book option.

I see from a post a few back that OEC has, but I am not aware of any other brokers who offer the top of book option.

Given the CME fees are going up (based on your post) I sure hope some other brokers get round to offering top of book CME data/fees.