NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Site Administrator
Manta, Ecuador

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: My own custom solution
Favorite Futures: E-mini ES S&P 500

SARdynamite View Post
Mike, I've encountered many losses from either technical failures or ethical problems or collapses at brokers during my career.

Completely understand. But in my opinion, any broker that gives ridiculous intraday margins as you request is the wrong kind of broker to do business with. Those are the highest risk brokers at blowing up.

I also keep the minimal amount at my broker. My broker is InteractiveBrokers, and the day margin is $13k for FDAX and something like $2500 for ES. Personally, I welcome the high margins because IB is serious about risk. I absolutely cannot say the same about brokers that have ridiculously low margins.

As for what kind of advice you receive on the site, I can only speak personally. I am telling you that using ridiculously low margins (insanely high leverage) is a sure fire way to blow up your account and end your career. Don't go down this path! My advice is meant to help. Most people that want $400 ES margins and other ridiculous things are attracted to the kind of broker that just churns customers in and out as fast as possible, and are very inexperienced traders.

Anyway, good luck. I spoke out only because there are some of us that want our brokers to stop the insanity of low day margins.

Mike

Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.

Need help?
1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first.
2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses.
3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make.
4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance.
5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers.
6)
Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.

If you want
to support our community, become an Elite Member (see why)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post: