Anyone using Bryce Gilmores WaveTrader? | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anyone using Bryce Gilmores WaveTrader?

Elite Member
Sydney NSW Australia

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader 7 / MT4
Broker/Data: KINETICK
Favorite Futures: EUR/USD, AUS200(SPI)

watrader View Post
Hi Marty,

there are, if even, only a few one in the world. Trading style has changed (HFTs, high vola., automated trading, etc.) and the former successes with measured moves are, in my opinion, not sustainable.

Hi watrader,

Glad to see there is someone out there! I have been into BG's stuff for years. I agree with you that global trading styles have changed substantially since Bryce was trading, this seems to have reduced the hit rates of the measured moves and his combination setups etc. The thing is though, I still see the 1:1 DD's and CN's causing markets to reverse direction to the point, often enough for it to be more than just randomness. The tight reversals make them alluring opportunities from risk/reward perspective. Like all technical ques, context is what is ultimately going to get you over the line in the long run. Using volume analysis at these point to confirm their validity I have found to be really helpful myself. I have embarked on the education road to understanding Market profile and Footprint charts, which is already having a really positive effect in terms of filtering out the levels which have the higher probability.

I have been using my own indicator for NT which pretty much does everything WT does but places much more focus on analyzing multiple degrees. I started coding it back in 2010 and have been gradually improving it over the years. If you or anyone else who is familiar with BG's methods is keen to try it out and provide feedback to help towards its improvement, do let me know

Page generated 2018-11-17 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix