historical bid ask | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

historical bid ask

Lancashire, UK

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: sierra,motivewave,MT4
Broker/Data: various
Favorite Futures: futures

when you say iqfeed supports historical bid / ask for download, is that considered superior to a broker feed such as rithmic because the rithmic feed may only have a months backfill of bid/ask?

Is it also considered superior because broker data feeds to the tick are not as accurate as iqfeed or is bid / ask to the tick only recorded with iqfeed?

( or does it depend on platform )

Assuming that it becomes awkward to get previous months bid/ask data from a broker rithmic feed if you dont select the feed to continue over at the rollover I guess iqfeed also seems superior in that respect since you can download it. Is this correct to conclude?

Assuming I turn on a platform like multicharts or sierracharts everytrading day - can the data be just as good as iqfeed if the platforms server or my server ( computer ) just records that data and by 'just as good' I mean to the tick as accurate or less than a minute.

It would be good to know all the above