IQFeed Java API Datafeed Capture | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

IQFeed Java API Datafeed Capture

austin tx

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: TS & IB
Favorite Futures: futures

IQFeed Java API Datafeed Capture

Does anyone have Java code to take the data feed from IQFeed's API socket (let's say emini futures) and read it into a string variable? I'm trying to get the flow of ticks into a txt or csv format so that I can run my R logic/execution on it. I asked the DTN development team today and they told me no one has ever asked them that question and didn't give me any solutions. I can't possibly be the first person to ever try and capture this data and use it in another programming language to make trades.

Update: I wanted to thank the guys at autochartist.com they walked me through my issue. Super helpful guys, unlike certain other websites I could mention . . .

Last edited by wmbeam02; August 27th, 2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Need to let folks know they don't need to tell me to sign up for DTN's service or other silly advice.