NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experience with Velocity Futures?

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sysot1t with 34 posts (15 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 26 posts (38 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheDude with 17 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 12 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one George with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Dale Box with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sysot1t with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 125,992 views
    2. thumb_up 229 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 303 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

Experience with Velocity Futures?

c0ol2 
Chicago

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader,TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Well Velocity does use Trading Technologies on Ninjatrader. Initially when I was looking for a broker I was looking for a Zen-fire version. I demoed the feed on my desktop and TT on my laptop they were both pretty much the same I would have the same indicators on both computers would get the same results.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
 anniebee321 
london

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Trading: fgbl
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 44

i frequently lose connection to tt data feed -- so if doing cumulative delta studies like that supplied by market delta -- yr data results likely to differ, other than that they seem ok

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

vegasfoster View Post
Are you dissatisfied with Mirus Gary?

Hey Vegasfoster,

Not really, overall satisfied. I did have an issue a few weeks ago which was pretty big in my book, and would help add to all of the conspiracy theories.

I need to create a separate post on it, but long story short: Had a number of orders on one day. Get my statement which showed I made less than expected. I eventually find that they duplicated two of my trades, and both happen to be losers. What is more strange is I had winning trades in between these losing trades, which of course were not duplicated! - So, I call that evening, no one answers any phone numbers at Mirus or Dorman, or my rep, or e-mail, etc. I get a hold of someone the next day finally who gives me attitude and acts like I am stupid for asking how this could happen. He says something along the lines of "It is not a perfect system; it happens, etc." He said the trades appear to have "been duped at Nymex". I have yet to 'beat them up' more, but feel that I am due a better explanation on how this could happen. I would bet you $1MIL that if the trades that were duplicated were winners, it would have been caught and corrected without me even knowing about it. Don't tell me they don't have systems in place to automatically correct this type of thing without me having to find it and notify them.

So, I had to find the errors myself, notify them, and get attitude from them about it. In the end they backed the trades out and corrected it, but I shouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff happening.

Anyone heard of this type of thing happening with any broker before?

Gary

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Michael.H 
CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Marketdelta and Ninja
Broker: Velocity
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 529

i hear ninja is having problems with zen and TT feed recently... its all over their forums. It may be affecting version 6.5 as well, but i haven't verified this. I don't have problems with X-trader, so their TT feed is fine.

Again, don't trade live with beta software....

here's a link saying zen has connection issues, and they recommend you not trade until its worked out....
https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?p=179742

TT feed
https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?t=31497

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?t=31502

I don't really use ninja anymore, but i run it to "capture" bid/ask data untill ninja works out all its kinks, and maybe ill switch back. In the meantime, im using other software to trade and for charting.

I still do have to note that i think velocity is much better than mirus because of their reporting tools, and im actually warming to more to X-trader now.

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 502
Thanks Received: 2,239

Michael.H View Post
i hear ninja is having problems with zen and TT feed recently... its all over their forums. It may be affecting version 6.5 as well, but i haven't verified this.

Again, don't trade live with beta software....
I'm pretty sure i've said this many times, and everyone keeps bashing me saying that i complain too much about ninja and they never have problems.
Everything may work fine, then one day, you might change a setting and a bug will cause these types of problems. I suggest at the very least you guys stop trading untill you figure out the root of the problem.

here's a link saying zen has connection issues, and they recommend you not trade until its worked out....
Zen Fire NT 7 [AUTOLINK]Beta[/AUTOLINK] Connection Issues - Page 2 - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

TT feed
Unable to connect to TT - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

Ninja 7 version 18 connection problem. - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

Hey Michael,

Thank you for the information. The problem I am describing happened weeks ago, and I am using NT 6.5.X with Zen currently. I also have an IB account for backup.

The problem was not at all related to software or data feed, but instead an error on the Nymex side according to Mirus. Ninja showed everything correctly in the logs, trades tab, executions, etc, and I knew what ATM strategy I was using so it wasn't terribly difficult to find the 2 'errors'. They showed 2x the number of contracts being traded on both the 'error' trades.

Have a good evening,
Gary

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

George 
Sweden

Experience: Master
Platform: TT, NT, MetaTrader
Broker: Velocity Futures, MB Trading
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,005
Thanks Received: 1,323

Gary,

A very effective way to handle a situation like this would be to talk to someone higher in the hierarchy. If they give you an attitude. (Tell them about your experience with that guy as well). Then it means that the whole organization is infected! Try to find out who you could speak to and approach them instead!

And if it so, (them being infected) please let us know as well!

Gary View Post
Hey Vegasfoster,

Not really, overall satisfied. I did have an issue a few weeks ago which was pretty big in my book, and would help add to all of the conspiracy theories.

I need to create a separate post on it, but long story short: Had a number of orders on one day. Get my statement which showed I made less than expected. I eventually find that they duplicated two of my trades, and both happen to be losers. What is more strange is I had winning trades in between these losing trades, which of course were not duplicated! - So, I call that evening, no one answers any phone numbers at Mirus or Dorman, or my rep, or e-mail, etc. I get a hold of someone the next day finally who gives me attitude and acts like I am stupid for asking how this could happen. He says something along the lines of "It is not a perfect system; it happens, etc." He said the trades appear to have "been duped at Nymex". I have yet to 'beat them up' more, but feel that I am due a better explanation on how this could happen. I would bet you $1MIL that if the trades that were duplicated were winners, it would have been caught and corrected without me even knowing about it. Don't tell me they don't have systems in place to automatically correct this type of thing without me having to find it and notify them.

So, I had to find the errors myself, notify them, and get attitude from them about it. In the end they backed the trades out and corrected it, but I shouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff happening.

Anyone heard of this type of thing happening with any broker before?

Gary

We all struggle to make tomorrow look like yesterday!
Get rid of your past and let the future unfold from the now.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.
/George
Thanked by:
Would
ar

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

If you end up demoing the X_trader DOM platform before you decide to switch to velocity just note that the live DOM is MUCH faster at least it is on my end. I have used cqg through velocity too and the X_trader DOM is just nuts. I am also using a free version of Ninja for charts connected to a tt_sim server and am doing fine with it... I compared volume delta in my ninja setup to a zenfire/market delta volume delta and they were different.. Not by much but they were.. By the way anyone know who max is on the scoreboard?!?!

summitfx
Denver/Frisco Colorado

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Following up, I've been trading futures over 10 years. I started out as a S.O.E.S. bandit. I've used many platforms and brokers over the years. I dumped NT years ago for all of the reasons I've found listed here. When I switched to Velocity, i decided to give them another shot. I currently use Market Delta for charting and the NT-TT combo dom for order entry. I also like to adjust my targets on the NT chart. I happy to say things are working well for me. I'm not that concerned about a second or two. Perhaps I should be but I'm more relaxed and plan my entries better than I did in the beginning. I may call and inquire about using X=trader for a better rate at some point. Velocity is top-notch- no BS. you will be very happy as a customer. Thanks Big Mike for the forum.

ride -0n

Thanked by:
 kashter 
Moving

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: Mirus/Zen Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 44

Interesting posts.

I am looking at Velocity as an alternative to Mirus after experiencing less than professional conduct from them. The issue is my account is being depleted slowly by at least 10-40/week, regardless whether trades executed or not. The Account Manager throws all BS reasons such Euro/US exchange rates due to fact I hold some Euros in the account. Worked for him until the Euro gained value but my account STILL kept falling. He fails to answer any direct questions and continuously spins his crap. Note I have had no issues with Mirus until this year. Something must have gone wrong in that place. Good idea, will talk to someone senior later tomorrow. BTW, any communication with DORMAN keeps redirected to Mirus! Do your due diligence and not just rely on the past performance of these brokers.

Anyway, as I said, looking into Velocity and hopefully find honesty and integrity with them. Question for Velocity clients using NT - what data feeds is available, I can't seem to read this info from their site.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

@kashter, Velocity uses the TradingTechnologies (TT) adapter, it's called TT_FIX (financial information exchange). You should definitely do a trial and make sure it works for your situation, if I recall correctly TT does not have historical backfill.

My rep at Velocity has been great so I would recommend him, Dale Box (dbox /at/ velocityfutures.com). He should be able to answer questions about exchange rates as well as historical backfill on TT via Ninja, and set you up with a two week trial.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 26, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts