Newbie to Futures: Margin relative to account size | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Newbie to Futures: Margin relative to account size

Legendary Market Chamois
Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS,FOREX.COM app
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage FOREX.COM, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: The one I'm creating in the present....ES, ZF, ZN, ZB, FX pairs

Dorky View Post
Now is probably not the right time to get into futures as a beginner.

Unless you're already experienced with proven trading systems in place to aid you, in my opinion the current futures market condition is extremely erratic with very wild swings every day, both during regular hours and non-regular hours (when US market closes) as you can see from the real-time charts of the ES market yourself. And illiquid too.

I am not sure if you know this but the market is currently dominated by HFT manipulators with frontrunning, spoofing, wash trading, etc and that's well documented. Even the CME was sued for knowingly allowing HFT manipulators to do countless wash trades every moment of the day, which was found to be around 50% of all trades done, if I remember correctly. That means 50% of transactions you see in the futures market is fake.

I great futures market to dip your toe into and get started in is E-micro Euro M6E. At $1.25/tick and a centralized exchange as a CME product with no broker games to worry about. One can be wrong, just as an example only I'm not advocating this, on the entire RTH range and it's only going to costs ~$150 on a 1 lot. YM is also a good one but definitely can be more unforgiving. My wife calls it "YoungMan"....lol
Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed.
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)

Last edited by Blash; August 21st, 2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: correct grammer
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Blash for this post: