Quantatative Trading: Intraday Options Data and Analysis Software | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Quantatative Trading: Intraday Options Data and Analysis Software

New York, New York, United States

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Favorite Futures: Options

Quantatative Trading: Intraday Options Data and Analysis Software

I am at a point in my trading journey where I want to perform backtests with the intention of implementing an algorithmic trading strategy.

I have found a source that has the data, TickData, and software to run the backtests, Multicharts.

I have a sample of the data and am running a trial of Multicharts.

Apparently TickData isn't on the supported data list of Multicharts, but I was told by Multicharts that as long as it is in ASCII format, it will work. I cannot get it to work.

I am new to programming and this aspect of trading. I asked a friend that has programming experience but doesn't have trading experience and he believes I need a database program to organize the data first. I am not sure where to go from here and am desperate for help at this point.

This is the solution that I have come up with so far, but if anyone has any other solutions, please feel free to share.

Note: I am looking to develop multiple strategies, but the main one is an intraday options strategy.

Thank you all in advance.