News vendor | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

News vendor

Elite Member
Pismo Beach CA

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, IB, Fidelity for 'swing' trades
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, IBB, IWM, NG

YJ78 View Post
Which news vendors do you guys use for fast news and data releases

I use briefing.com, 'single play' because for me, it has the best combo of earnings info and up-to-date major company and news releases. There is a slight delay (seconds) on the major news releases (you don't really want to trade those releases in a knee-jerk way anyway) but they do a good job with the mini analysis of those and also provide a number of tidbits during the day. I'd recommend them over any other source I've used .... they do a good job of filtering minor stories out too. One downside for me is that they pretty much shut down after about 5PM PST; not really okay given the import of overseas action now, especially if you are trading futures or currencies ... but then again, I am messed up if I want to trade 24X7.

Tradethenews is slightly faster with the major release news (almost real-time) and does have the audio feature but is fairly pricey with that. If you are trading currencies and/or futures after hours, they might be a good way to go (they have both a currencies and equities version).

I should mention that I say 'after hours' from a U.S. centric eye.

Last edited by heywally; July 11th, 2010 at 12:17 AM.

Page generated 2018-11-19 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix