Any Similar Experiences With MB Trading?? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Any Similar Experiences With MB Trading??

Los Angeles California United States

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, TS, MC
Favorite Futures: ES

Any Similar Experiences With MB Trading??

I really want to know if this is an isolated incident or others have had the same experience.

THREE WEEKS ago, I started attempting to open an account with MB Trading.
First, providing an ID, bank statement was a bit odd, but I proceeded with it.
Then a couple of days later, I get a request for my W-2 to "verify" my SSN. I sent them a copy of my W-2 with my Employer ID number and my contribution amounts crossed out (because they're irrelevant for "verifying" my SSN).
They came back a few days later saying I can't cross out any numbers!!! So, I bit my tongue and sent them a full version. A couple of days later, they came back and said they can't verify my SSN from EQUIFAX. I called EQUIFAX and they said they don't see anything wrong!!!

At this point I'm not interested in giving them my business any more. This experience was a waste of my time and was quite frustrating. I considered them because I heard good reviews. I should have recognized, however, that most of these reviews are from 2010-2011 period. It seems like they skimped out on customer service (putting a new grad in charge of New Accounts, while not knowing how to communicate with customers). I can't tell you how blunt their emails (when I finally got them) were.

I thought I'd share my experience here for others to have an actual record of a service, so there's no surprises.

Just for comparison sake, it took me two days to open an account AND fund it in Tradestation. You do get what you pay for (usually)