Softsys hosting windows VPS review | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Softsys hosting windows VPS review

Shakes
Alexandria, Minnesota

Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja trader
Broker/Data: IB / IQFeed
Favorite Futures: Forex

banf42 View Post
Thanks for the info, I have some comments -

I'm just using twsstart as a wrapper to start IB GW (and NOT storing any credentials therein).
The related tool IBGW4NT pops up and changes the window title of IBGW to appear as TWS - this works great.

I got the 'double RAM' deal by luck, thanks to your initial review posting (thanks!)

I see that several times (during busy loads on the 'real' hardware underneath?), that upon NT7 order execution, the NT windows can 'hang' for up to 10s. In one case, I'd already been stopped out, unable to do anything while the windows were frozen. During this time, Windows Task manager showed the load on my VPS to be <50%. If this happens frequently, it will be a deal-killer.
Maybe if it were on SSD, or a faster core (this appears to be a 2GHz AMD Opteron), I might not have the problem.

The ZerOne hosting does look like better hardware. One concern would be that it's Dallas based, so the ping times to Chicago/NY may be higher than for softsys. (note: there's a 10% discount at the moment, maybe better deals pop up as well)

I haven't seen the details on NT8 being higher footprint - I just had heard them saying it's altogether improved vs NT7, so would have hoped for a smaller footprint for the same load.

Hopefully others can be helped from our discussion here.

They are a good economical host. I would suggest upgrading to SSD. That will dramatically increase performance. Yes disable Windows updates..

Page generated 2018-11-13 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix