Anyone managing sleep/work while trading the London Session from the US? | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Anyone managing sleep/work while trading the London Session from the US?

Christchurch, New Zealand

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker/Data: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Favorite Futures: US Equities

fesx View Post
Hi @minskee,

I have thought often about trading from Thailand. Many great advantages, mostly being able to trade both the US and European markets and not having to worry about the topic of this thread "Sleep"!!!!!! The low cost of living is just as attractive too. But my biggest concerns after talking with several people is the reliability of internet connections and the loss of power. I start my mornings @ 4:30am and try to be finished by noon. Ideally it would be nice to start at the European open but have found it very difficult to do with lack of sleep caused by others in the house that take for granted when I have gone to bed at 7pm. Maybe someone should set up a "Trading Commune" during the week for traders so we can sleep when needed....

I can't speak for all of Thailand, but I lived in Bangkok for most of last year. Never had any power cuts, and had a 20mb/s cable connection that rarely cut out( Some ISP's offer up to 200mb/s). If you're living in a modern condo and it's been wired up to support a cable ISP then you shouldn't have many issues once you setup your own connection- if it does cut out temporarily then you could easily just tether the internet from your phone.