Historical data for commodities - where to find it? How to use Yahoo Finance API? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Historical data for commodities - where to find it? How to use Yahoo Finance API?

San Diego, CA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TT Pro
Broker/Data: Advantage
Favorite Futures: Gasoil, heatoil, crude

PedroCZ View Post
Hi,

I am desperately trying to find a source of historical data for various commodities. I donít need charts, I need values Ė for example closing price of Corn Jul 15 (CN15.CBT) for the last month. Iíve tried it on Yahoo Finance, but thereís nothing there, no historical data. Then I found out about Yahoo Finance API and tried to use that.
But no luck either. So the best solution for me would be to know the code to use for Yahoo Finance API to get historical data for commodities from it. But if you could direct me to a website where I could get the values for every day of the last few months for a certain commodity that would be great too. Is anybody able to help, please?

Thank you
Petr

Quandl - Corn Futures, July 2015 (CN2015)

The following user says Thank You to baywolf for this post: