What programs have you bought? Confess | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

What programs have you bought? Confess

san antonio, tex

Marty Zweig's lousy newsletter. I don't think he bought that fancy Manhattan penthouse by trading his recommendations.

Louis Rukeyser's lousy newsletter. I thought the Wall$treet Week with Louis Rukeyser had to be good since it was so painfully boring. Thanks Lou for the PMC Sierra and Enron rec's !!! And the Intel Microsoft recs in October 2001

Essex Trading Software, which was a total waste.

Then there was this cheap program that magically called out support and resitence in t bonds. Total waste.

Bought tons of books from Windsor Publishing.

Subscribed to Investors Business Daily. Which was great if you only read the Monday's edition.

Optionetics Newsletter, they did ratio spreads. The spreads never made a dime!!

Lotus 123 Spreadsheet for programming the algorithms from the Windsor's Books. The spreadsheet knowledge came in handy for my job. I duplicated/rediscovered/invented RSI, %R, and stochastics all on my own.

Then there was the "Gartman Letter". Made some good calls, made some not.

And that guy that advertised late night, basically calendar trades, I copied his stuff from a co worker.

Welles Wilder's dull boring video and book on how phases of the moon affect commodity prices. Man, that guy can talk out of both sides of his mouth. "Phase with in a phase" "Skipped phase" "Inversion phase"...Biggest bunch of bullshit. His nondisclosure agreement is a service to the investing public.

From reading the responses here, now I don't feel that I missed all the great opportunities touted by these program vendors, and trading system vendors.

Last edited by thailerdurden; March 20th, 2015 at 09:17 PM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to thailerdurden for this post: