Interactive Brokers not allowing futures trading in IRAs | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Interactive Brokers not allowing futures trading in IRAs

Legendary Market Wizard
Houston, TX

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: XTrader
Broker/Data: Advantage Futures
Favorite Futures: Energy

Be careful when transferring your IRA's.
There were new US IRS Tax Rules that came into effective in 2015 which I believe only allows individuals to make one transfer a year. Additional transfers I believe can be taxed.

IRS Clarifies Application of One-Per-Year Limit on IRA Rollovers, Allows Owners of Multiple IRAs a Fresh Start in 2015
"Although an eligible IRA distribution received on or after Jan. 1, 2015 and properly rolled over to another IRA will still get tax-free treatment, subsequent distributions from any of the individualís IRAs (including traditional and Roth IRAs) received within one year after that distribution will not get tax-free rollover treatment. "

NOTE: I'm a trader not an accountant. While I believe this information to correct it actually may not be so you should probably check with your accountant.