Amp futures no longer supporting ninjatrader? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Amp futures no longer supporting ninjatrader?

Houston, Texas USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts, TradeStation, NeuroShell, AmiBroker
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, DTN/IQ
Favorite Futures: TF, EMD, NQ, CL

mattz View Post
Second, you have the TradeStation model all wrong. TradeStation in some instances does allow you to execute with other brokers so long you pay for their platform. For example, You have the capability to automates your orders and route them to InsideEdge, NinjaTrader, etc. Prior to being a brokerage, TS was a software for many years under numerous names and as such kept some features to allow you to execute via others.

To be fair, a discussion about TradeStation's connections to other platforms could be another thread. For example, you can hook up NeuroShell to the TradeStation Brokerage account, receive data, and execute trades. This is a recent development, and may be part of a trend - who knows. However, the point I was originally making is that NinjaTrader appears to be going down the same road as TradeStation once took. At one point they were an open platform with many connection options. Then they became a brokerage, and that all changed. They are now (and have been) opening up again in recent years to more connections.

NinjaTrader and their brokerage seem to be repeating this history - at least to my way of thinking. However, it looks like there are several other brokerages they still support. Overall this is an interesting event.

Thanks Matt for the clarification/update on where Optimus stands. Since I have a fully paid NinjaTrader license purchased before July, 2014, I could in theory move that to Optimus (or others). However, my license is for a single broker only, and have been using that at Interactive Brokers. I'm guessing you can use the single broker license at any broker, as long as it's only one at a time.

-harvester

The following 2 users say Thank You to harvester for this post: