Interactive Brokers not allowing futures trading in IRAs | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Interactive Brokers not allowing futures trading in IRAs

barcelona spain

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja, investor rt, ts
Favorite Futures: ES and NQ

cost estimates of different IRA broker options

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I spent some time Friday speaking with different brokers and IRA trustee companies. It seems to me that there are two options to use for me to continue to trade futures in my IRA. One is to move to a broker similar to IB such as TOS that does not use a 3rd party trustee company and also offers stock and option trading at a reasonable cost. The other is to use a trustee company with a discount futures trading company. Total cost seems to be lower with the later option. However, I still may not go that route simply due to the lower complexity of using a single source broker such as TOS.

Anyhow, below is a comparison I did to get an understanding of the different cost options in case you are interested.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

The following 5 users say Thank You to davespain for this post: